Recipe by Kat1
THE best cookies I have ever had at Christmas time! Make them in any shape, and they are sure to make your kids, friends, or family reach out for another one! Decorate them in anyway you want to add that special "something" to your holiday!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (part butter)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend in shortening and nutmeg; add sugar in 1/4 creaming after each addition until fluffy.
- Add egg and milk to mixture, stirring until blended.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Place dough on lightly floured board and roll until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut cookies (use any cookie cutters, we often use the "christmas tree" shape) Place cookies on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for about 12-15 minutes until pale golden.