Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a fun easy recipe, using Christmas colors, to make an easy, tasty, desert for Christmas. It is based off of recipes for other dishes, just made to be more American.
- 1 1⁄3 cups rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- bamboo skewer
- powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon green tea powder (optional)
- Put rice flour in a bowl. Add the 3 tablespoons of sugar and then add a small amount of warm water to help work the dough. Knead the dough well. Divide the dough into 3 equal sized piles of dough. Add the green food coloring to one pile and red to another and make 3 colors of dough.
- Make small round dumplings. Place the dumplings in a steamer and steam them on high heat for 10 minute Cool the dumplings and skewer them in bamboo sticks. 3 dumplings each. center one is gonna be white dumpling.
- Makes 4 servings. Can sprinkle a little bit of powdered sugar, to make it look a little bit like snow and make the dumplings a little sweeter.
- Also, to add a different and unique flavor, instead of adding the green food coloring, you can add 1 tablespoons of green tea powder and kneed it into the dough until it is green. Then continue with recipe as described.