Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Mom only makes this for two reasons: Christmas or by my special request when I'm having a bad run of it. It is delish and even has a special treat - a "smidgin" of whiskey. This is thick and I'm sure that if you're not used to this kind of a drink that you might not like it the first time you try it. It's not eggnog, nor anything like it.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups milk (use whole for best results)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (heaping)
- whiskey, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sperm (white gunk in the egg whites) from the eggs. Beat well.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in the top of a double boiler. Add the eggs and milk and turn the heat on med-low.
- Whisk constantly until mixture coats the back of a spoon, cooking as long as necessary.
- When done, remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Place in a pitcher and refrigerate until cold. Add whiskey to taste.