Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
I found a recipe book hidden in my room and wanted to save the recipes.
- 1 loaf unsliced bread
- 8 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Grease a 13x19x2 pan. Cut bread into 1" slices. Arrange in one layer in pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the dried cranberries over the bread layer.
- Beat the remaining ingredients (except the butter) well.
- Pour over bread and cranberries.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate 4-36 hours. To bake, uncover and dot with butter. Put into oven. Turn oven to 350º.
- Bake 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with warmed maple syrup.