1/2 Photos of Christmas Mincemeat - Without the Meat!
A classic from Mrs Beeton's. This is the more usual recipe found in the UK. Because I prefer it, I leave out the suet - which makes it vegetarian - and add more brandy if it is too dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.44 lb cut mixed peel
- 0.44 lb seedless raisins
- 0.06 lb preserved gingerroot
- 0.44 lb cooking apples
- 0.44 lb shredded suet
- 0.44 lb sultanas
- 0.44 lb currants
- 0.44 lb soft brown sugar
- 0.11 lb chopped blanched almonds
- 1 pinch mixed spice (ground ginger, ground cinnamon)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 orange, juice and rind of
- 2/3 cup sherry wine or 2/3 cup brandy or 2/3 cup rum
- 1Mince of chop finely the peel, raisins and ginger.
- 2Peel, core and grate the apples.
- 3Combine all the ingredients thoroughly in a large basin.
- 4Leave, covered for 2 days in a cool place, stirring occasionally.
- 5This prevents fermentation later.
- 6Pot, cover and label.
- 7Store in a cool dry place.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Mincemeat - Without the Meat!
Serving Size: 1 (2230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2952.4
- Calories from Fat 1082
- Total Fat 120.2 g
- Saturated Fat 59.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 116.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 407.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.5 g
- Sugars 323.8 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: