Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Our family looks forward to this every holiday. It's a yummy and unusual dessert that always sparks a conversation. An easy recipe that even children have no trouble assiting with.
- Dissolve red hots in hot water.
- Add jello and let cool.
- Stir in apple sauce, lemon juice, and salt.
- Chill until partially set.
- While chilling, form cream cheese into small balls and roll in nuts.
- Fold into Jello-O mixture.
- Chill until set.
This is very easy to make! It tastes wonderful and is someting different, yummy!!!!!!
Thank you for posting this! This is a salad we have enjoyed for many, many years at Christmas! We somehow misplaced it a few years ago and Christmas dinner hasn't been the same without it! If I could give you 10 stars I would!