Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ideal for a hot Aussie Christmas. From Family Circle. This needs to chill for 12 hours. In Australia we get plain nougat bars and this is what the original recipe recommends, but the software wouldn't allow me to type in plain nougat bars, instead I had to type in honey-nougat chocolate bars.
- 1 large mango, finely chopped
- 160 g tinned pineapple chunks, drained
- 60 ml Grand Marnier
- 250 g fresh strawberries, pureed
- 400 g condensed milk
- 600 ml whipping cream
- 80 g honey-nougat chocolate bars, chopped
- 35 g unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- extra strawberry, halved, to garnish
- Lightly grease a 2 litre pudding basin and lime with plastic wrap, allowing the wrap to hang over the sides of the basin. Put in freezer until ready to use. Drain the mango and pineapple in a sieve.
- Mix the Grand marnier, strawberry puree and condensed milk in a large bowl. Whisk the cream to soft peaks, then add to the bowl and continue whisking until thick. Fold in the drained fruits, nougat and pistachios. Pour the mixture into the pudding basin, cover with plastic wrap and allow to freeze over night or until firm.
- To serve, remove the plastic wrap from the base and invert the pudding onto a chilled serving plate. Remove the bowl, but leave the plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-25 minutes to soften slightly.
- To serve, remove the plastic and de3corate the bombe with strawberries.