1/1 Photo of Christmas-Flavoured Biscotti (Chocolate-Coconut Biscotti)
These are adapted from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion, and I'm really glad I tried them out, as they were perfectly coconutty and crisp. Dipping it in not simply chocolate, but melted peppermint bark, really gave it that Christmas flavour. If Christmas tastes like decadence, that is. Perfect for gift-giving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar (4 3/4-ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (8 1/2-ounces)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut (3 1/2-ounces, packed)
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (6-ounces)
- 1 3/4 cups chopped peppermint, bark (10 1/2-ounces)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- 2Beat together the eggs, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla until creamy like pancake batter.
- 3Gently stir in flour, coconut and 1 cup of chocolate, until completely incorporated.
- 4Transfer dough to a silpat or parchment covered baking sheet and shape into a rough log, about fourteen inches long (and about 2/5 inches wide and 3/4 inches thick).
- 5Smooth the top with a wet dough scraper.
- 6Bake the dough for about 25 minutes, until just turning golden.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool, up to 25 minutes.
- 8Five minutes before slicing, mist lightly but thoroughly with a spray water bottle.
- 9(This makes slicing the biscotti easier.).
- 10Reduce oven temp to 325-degrees, wait another five minutes, then cut into 1/2-3/4-inch slices. Try to cut straight up and down, so they don't fall over during their second session.
- 11Set the biscotti upright on a covered baking sheet, and bake for about 25 minutes, until very golden. Remove, and place on a rack for cooliing. These will crisp as they cool.
- 12Dip half of each finished, cooled biscotto in the melted chocolate. Place on a rack over parchment or wax paper and allow chocolate to set before serving.
- 13Store in an airtight container to keep crisp. If they don't come out as hard as you'd prefer, allow to sit out uncovered overnight.
- 14These can be stored at room temp for about two weeks; for longer storage, wrap airtight, and freeze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas-Flavoured Biscotti (Chocolate-Coconut Biscotti)
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 111.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: