Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is by far the best cut-out cookie recipe I have come across. It doesn't have any unusual ingredients and it doesn't call for cups and cups of powdered sugar and it doesn't need to refrigerated forever. It is a large recipe, but just right for passing around to friends and family. They are great for any holiday or rainy day. I originally stumbled across it in a newsletter for a local group of women to which my cousin belongs. It was not credited to anyone there. With buttercream frosting, they are an excellent likeness to those super Cheryl & Co. cookies everyone loves!
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add in each remaining ingredient separately and allow to mix thoroughly up to flour.
- Add each cup of flour individually and allow to mix.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out chilled dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Cookies should not be browned, but cooked through.