Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy and fun recipe that takes a little extra effort, but the reaction from those you give them to is worth is. I made a batch this year for my office - I displayed them by tieing different colored curling ribbon onto the popsickle sticks, then inserting them into floral foam that was dusted with powdered sugar and placed in a 9x13 dish covered in red plastic wrap. Not only are they super cute - but very tasty too! Special note - don't be dismayed if when you pull them out of the oven that they act too soft to adhere to the popsickle stick - once they cool, they are on there tight!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 40 large wooden popsickle sticks
- 40 Milky Way miniature candy bars, unwrapped
- assorted christmas candy sprinkles or colored sugar sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter and shortening at medium-high speed. Add both sugars and baking soda & beat well. Add eggs and vanilla extract, also beating well. Gradually beat in flour until incorporated. Chill dough for 1 hour.
- While dough is chilling, insert each popsickle stick into a candy bar.
- After dough has chilled, form 2 Tbl. dough around each candy bar, shaping it into a ball - make sure the candy bar is completely covered.
- Place your assorted sprinkles onto low-rimmed plates. Roll each dough ball into the sprinkles, covering as much as possible.
- Place parchment paper on several cookie sheet pans. Place the "cookie popsickles" 2 1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. I find it is best to only place 5 on a sheet at a time. Please allow sheet pans to cool before placing another batch on them.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then, using spatula, gently remove the cookie from the pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling. Once completely cooled, cookies should be set and will not fall off of popsickle stick.