1/3 Photos of Christmas Chili
2 hrs 20 mins
Barenaked Chef's Note:
From U of Alabama's "Nothing but the Best!" I made this for a football party Dustin hosted and everyone enjoyed it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground round
- 2 medium white onions, diced
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- grated cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- 1Place beef, onions and bell peppers in large Dutch oven.
- 2Sprinkle with 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, and basil.
- 3Using a wooden spoon, blend together and brown very slowly.
- 4You may drain if desired, but mine didnt have a lot of grease, so I didnt bother.
- 5Place tomatoes in food processor and process just long enough to cup up large pieces.
- 6Put tomatoes, beans and beer in with meat and bring to a low simmer.
- 7Add remaining chili and garlic powder.
- 8Add pepper.
- 9Cook slowly for at least 2 hours.
- 10Serve with cheese and onion.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Chili
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 549.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 21.0 g