Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Dark chocolate brownies with warm holiday spices! You can frost the baked and cooled brownies with dark chocolate and sprinkle flaked almonds on top, if you prefer. Recipe adapted from a Dr.Oetker leaflet recipe.
- Prepare a 22 x 30 cm square pan: grease or line with foil.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Melt chocolate and butter on top of a double boiler.
- Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy: add the slightly cooled chocolate and butter mixture, stir to combine.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and the spices and sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture; stir to combine.
- Add chopped almonds and chocolate chips, stir just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan.
Was most happy to make these brownies especially with all the dark chocolate involved, including the dark chocolate frosting & used! Made it even more winter-festive by using some red, green & white sprinkles over the top (Just my way of getting ready for the winter holidays!), & that was very nice, indeed! Thanks, much, for some great tasting brownies! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]