Dark chocolate brownies with warm holiday spices! You can frost the baked and cooled brownies with dark chocolate and sprinkle flaked almonds on top, if you prefer. Recipe adapted from a Dr.Oetker leaflet recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a 22 x 30 cm square pan: grease or line with foil.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 3Melt chocolate and butter on top of a double boiler.
- 4Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy: add the slightly cooled chocolate and butter mixture, stir to combine.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and the spices and sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture; stir to combine.
- 6Add chopped almonds and chocolate chips, stir just until incorporated.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- 8Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- 9Allow the cake to cool in the pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 337.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g