Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
A Jello recipe from my mom that she even named after me for our local cookbook. I love it for the deep cherry flavor. It works great for potlucks or as a side dish to serve with dinner. Chill time is cooking time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (2 ounce) package Dream Whip
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Mix Jello and water.
- Blend in pie filling and chill until slightly thickened (about 1.5-2 hours). Otherwise cherries will all sink to bottom.
- Make Dream Whip according to package and then blend in Dream Whip.
- Place in 9x9-inch pan and refrigerate.
- Can be easily doubled in a 9x13-inch pan.
This is the jello to make if you're looking for something easy, fast, and flavorful. I made this for my family this past weekend and it went over well. The only change I made was to substitute an 8 ounce container of cool whip for the dream whip. I can wait to try this recipe using other flavors of jello and pie filling. Right now peach is sounding good. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.
I needed something pinkish for a work baby shower, so I made this. I didn't have the cherry jello at home, but I had raspberry jello and pie filling (which worked beautifully, I might add). Nice, very light and fruity. I had lots of "how did you make this?" requests for this one. I especially like that it's so easy to make, and it's versatile with flavor options. Thanks for posting!
This was so easy to make and the results were outstanding!!I heard rave reviews from all my children and they have already requested it again! I think I will make it with strawberry jello and pie filling at the request of my daughter. Thanks for the terrific recipe and one I will be sure to make again!