Recipe by DragonFly2
Don't let the simple ingredients fool you! Everyone absolutely loves this creamy and simple dessert, and although I've never "messed with perfection", I'm sure you could try other flavors of ice cream/pudding mix and come up with your very own version of this. Try it my way first, though, and see what you think....( Cook time is actually time in refridgerator)
Top Review by WasaCain
Easy, so easy and tasteful. I used sugar free chocolate pudding mix (because it is what I had on hand) and whole wheat Ritz crackers and real butter instead of margarine. This recipe was simple, quick and was gone in a flash at a potluck! Cannot wait to make again.
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) packagedry vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 60 ritz-type crackers (that's approx. 2 stacks)
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, using electric mixer, combine softened ice cream, milk, and sprinkle in the dry instant pudding mix (NEVER use cooked pudding mix, only instant!).
- Place mixture in refridgerator while preparing crust.
- Crush crackers into a 9x13 pan, add sugar, and pour melted margarine over all.
- Mix well and spread into crust at the bottom of the pan.
- Spread ice cream mixture over the crust and top with the whipped topping.
- Refridgerate at least 2 hours before serving.