Recipe by Midwest Maven
This is an easy yummy salad, great served with bread.(time doesn't include chilling time)
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 9 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, in one piece
- 1 small Spanish onion, chopped fine
- 14 ounces chickpeas
- salt and pepper
- fresh oregano, finely chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 6 tablespoons of the olive oil, and the 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a bowl and whisk together.
- Taste, and add more sherry vinegar, if desired, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Using a small sharp knife, remove the casing from the chorizo sausage.
- Cut the meat into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each slice in half, making half moon shapes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a small skillet over med/high heat.
- Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook for about 3 minutes, or until it's cooked through.
- Remove the sausage and onions from pan with a slotted spoon and add to the dressing while still hot, and stir.
- Drain the can of chickpeas, rinse with water and then drain again.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl with the other ingredients, and mix well.
- Let mixture cool.
- Just before serving, adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve topped with the fresh oregano and nice chunks of bread, enjoy!