Midwest Maven's Note:
This is an easy yummy salad, great served with bread.(time doesn't include chilling time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 6 tablespoons of the olive oil, and the 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a bowl and whisk together.
- 2Taste, and add more sherry vinegar, if desired, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- 3Using a small sharp knife, remove the casing from the chorizo sausage.
- 4Cut the meat into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each slice in half, making half moon shapes.
- 5Heat the remaining olive oil in a small skillet over med/high heat.
- 6Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 7Add the sausage and cook for about 3 minutes, or until it's cooked through.
- 8Remove the sausage and onions from pan with a slotted spoon and add to the dressing while still hot, and stir.
- 9Drain the can of chickpeas, rinse with water and then drain again.
- 10Add the chickpeas to the bowl with the other ingredients, and mix well.
- 11Let mixture cool.
- 12Just before serving, adjust the seasoning if needed.
- 13Serve topped with the fresh oregano and nice chunks of bread, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Chickpea Tapas
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.5
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 1085.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar