Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This chorizo recipe is from Cafe Pasqual's in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- 2 lbs pork butt, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon arbol chile, stemmed and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder, medium-hot
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Put all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor that is fitted with a steel blade. Pulse the machine until the mixture is well processed. Saute a tablespoon of the chorizo in a small saute pan until browned, then test for flavor. Adjust the seasonings in the uncooked portion. Store unused chorizo in serving-size portions in sealed plastic freezer bags for up to 2 months.
Great recipe. Very flavorful and my kids loved it too!