Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Olives are supposed to be a nutritionally perfect food -
- 1 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 6 English muffins, split
- 4 -6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Mix chopped olives and green onions and cheese and salt and curry.
- Spread mayo on split english muffins.
- Spread with mixture and broil until slightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- This can be served with sliced tomatoes.
We have been making these for years....my grandmother gave me the recipe. We simply call them "English Muffin Things". We mix the mayo into the other ingredients, pre-toast the english muffins then broil. After broiled, I let them cool, cut them in quarters and freeze....then, at party time I put them on a hot plate and let them re-warm......they are fabulous even if you don't like black olive....people never know they are in there until you tell them....they usually think it must be mushrooms.....these are the BEST!!!!!