Recipe by Virginia Chandler
My husband toiled for months to create an alternative to the expensive cold cafe beverages he loves and Eureka! He claims, he's done it! He made me post this after sharing with like-minded friends who agree that he's found the perfect blend of rich, creamy and sweet coffee elements in this refresher, and it's so easily to boot! Plus I am NOT a coffee drinker but I love this!!!!
Top Review by chandler
Very tasty and incredibly easy....the Sweet Italian Cream Coffeemate isn't so easy to find, but it's perfect in this recipe. I used Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee for a rich coffee base. It's outstanding.....
- 12 cups fresh strong brewed coffee
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup Coffee-Mate italian sweet creme
- another sweetener (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow coffee to cool to room temp, and pour into 1/2 gallon plastic jug or dispenser. Add the condensed milk and creamer. Seal the lid tightly and shake well to blend thoroughly. Wait for a few hours of refrigerating before adding any additional sugar or sweetener to taste as the need changes once chilled. Other flavorings of choice such as Hazelnut, Chocolate, Maple, etc. can be added for a different twist if desired. Just drop a few ice cubes in a tall glass and pour to serve. Keeps perfectly in the fridge for at least a week if you can restrain yourself!