1/2 Photos of Chocolate Volcanoes With Raspberry Coulis
I love this recipe because its delicious, easy & can be made ahead & stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks - sure simplifies entertaining! Timing doesn't include minimum overnight freezing. Its from the Best of Bridge series of cookbooks - over 3 million copies have been sold!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (instant coffee granules may be used)
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1Volcano: Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water& set aside to cool.
- 2Grease 6, 4-oz (125 ml) ramekins.
- 3Using a whisk, combine flour, cocoa and baking powder in a small bowl, set aside.
- 4Melt chocolate in a double boiler, add butter& sugar and stir until smooth; transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Using an electric mixer, beat in eggs 1 at a time on medium speed, add dissolved coffee& flour mixture and continue beating until fully mixed; raise mixer speed to high and beat for 6 more minutes.
- 6Pour batter into ramekins and tightly wrap with plastic wrap; freeze overnight or up to 2 weeks.
- 7Coulis: Combine raspberries& sugar in a blender and puree until smooth; strain through a sieve or cheesecloth to remove seeds.
- 8Add liqueur and store in refrigerator.
- 9Assembly: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 10Take ramekins out of freezer, remove plastic wrap& bake volcanoes for 18 minutes no longer!
- 11Cool on rack for 5 minutes- the outsides will be crusty and the centers will be gooey (sort of like your average volcano).
- 12To serve, drizzle individual plates with raspberry coulis; invert each ramekin onto a plate& add a small scoop of ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Volcanoes With Raspberry Coulis
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.8
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 266.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: