Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very attractive pound cake and delicious, too.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almonds
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted & cooled
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir well to blend.
- Beat sugar, oil and vanilla extract thoroughly in a large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Divide batter in half.
- Stir both chopped and melted chocolate into one half, mix well.
- Spoon half of plain batter into greased 10" tube pan; top with chocolate batter and then remaining plain batter.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.