Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Sinful chocolate cake and so easy too....From my favorite cookbook...Bake Shop in a Book.
Make and share this Chocolate Tube Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package yellow cake mix or 1 package chocolate cake mix (will make it really chocolate)
- 1 5⁄8 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend cake mix and pudding in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, oil and water.
- Start on low speed, then 10 minutes at medium speed once ingredients are throughly mixed.
- Turn batter into a 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 or until toothpick is clean.
- Cool in pan on rack do not turn upside down.
- Using a 2 tined fork, poke holes 1 inch apart in the entire cake.
- Prepare glaze mixing powdered sugar and milk til smooth.
- Pour glaze over cake immediately and allow to cool in the pan.
I made 2 varations of this cake. I used a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding, and a yellow cake mix and pistachio pudding. Both turned out great. I used a lemon glaze and a white glaze. I will be making this recipe often.
Wonderful cake LAURIE! I used a chocolate cake mix because we wanted as much chocolate flavor as possible. Also, I used a small box of instant pudding...it wasn't 1 5/8 oz., I think it was more like 3.8 oz. - it did the trick. The glaze over this cake is wonderful, the kids loved it. Thanks LAURIE for this easy cake recipe!