Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
These are made with Mejool dates, nuts, pure cocoa powder and peanut butter which has no sugar or salt added. They are healthy and will give you lots of energy.
- 1 cup raw nuts (walnuts, or almonds, or hazelnuts, or cashews. I used a mixture of cashews and almonds )
- 1 cup organic peanut butter (crunchy, smooth or sugar free)
- 1 -2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 12 pitted dates (soaked in hot water for 5 mins and then drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup green and blacks cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100 g 85% dark chocolate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place nuts in a food processor and process until a gritty texture or finer if you wish. Add Peanut butter, dates, cinnamon powder, sea salt, Maple syrup and cocoa powder. Process until a thick paste.
- Place into a bowl and make sure it is thoroughly mixed by kneading a few times. Shape into balls about a tablespoons worth and then place on baking parchment and chill in fridge until firm. ( makes about 30-35 balls).
- Chocolate Coating.
- Place ingredients in a bowl over simmering water and melt gradually. Mix well and then you are ready to coat the truffles. Use a toothpick to pick one up and dip into the chocolate, place back onto the parchment and chill. Keep refrigerated for up to five days.
- They taste squidleyyumcious!
- This recipe was adapted from She Let Them Eat Cake.com.