Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are the best homemade ones I've ever had!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- unsweetened cocoa (optional)
- walnuts, finely-chopped (optional)
- shredded coconut (optional)
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until well-blended.
- Add melted chocolate chips and vanilla and mix well.
- Refrigerate about one hour.
- Shape into one-inch balls. Roll in cocoa, walnuts or coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Variation: To flavor truffles with liqueur, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 Tbl. liqueur to each third. Mix well.
Brought these to a Wine tasting party! I made assorted flavors by rolling them if flavored hot cocoa mixes. We had Chocolate Raspberry & Caramel. I also rolled some in chopped macadamia nut, dipped some in dark choclate and rolled some in chocolate candy pieces.
These were yummy, but very sweet, you could only eat one or two at a sitting...(maybe not such a bad thing!) I rolled mine in toasted coconut and toasted hazelnut meal. I took them out of the fridge about 1/2 hour before I rolled them, seemed to make it easier. I got about 60, if not a few more - taste test, you understand!
These tasted phenomenal! I rolled in cocoa and toasted coconut and my guests truly enjoyed these served with a nice port. My only issue was that these were very hard to scoop into uniform balls after being refrigerated.