Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Somerfield magazine in a section called Fancy Food Fast! Haven't made this yet but it looks yummy. It is also flourless. Cook time does not include chill time, which is overnight/several hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 C (325 F).
- Grease and line with paper a round, 20cm, loose bottomed tin.
- Place chocolate and cocoa in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, remove from heat and allow to slightly cool.
- Whip cream until soft peaks.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until thick (5-8 minutes).
- Whip melted chocolate mixture into the egg until well blended.
- Fold in cream and Cointreau.
- Pour into the tin. Place this in a roasting tin, half fill the roasting tin with boiling water.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until centre is just set.
- Remove from heat, allow to stand for 20 minutes. Remove from tray and place in fridge overnight.
- Optional toppings: Melt additional chocolate and pipe squiggles onto greaseproof paper. Allow to set then arrange on cake.
- Dust cake with cocoa and icing sugar.