1 hr 20 mins
Cat R.'s Note:
From Somerfield magazine in a section called Fancy Food Fast! Haven't made this yet but it looks yummy. It is also flourless. Cook time does not include chill time, which is overnight/several hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 170 C (325 F).
- 2Grease and line with paper a round, 20cm, loose bottomed tin.
- 3Place chocolate and cocoa in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, remove from heat and allow to slightly cool.
- 4Whip cream until soft peaks.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until thick (5-8 minutes).
- 6Whip melted chocolate mixture into the egg until well blended.
- 7Fold in cream and Cointreau.
- 8Pour into the tin. Place this in a roasting tin, half fill the roasting tin with boiling water.
- 9Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until centre is just set.
- 10Remove from heat, allow to stand for 20 minutes. Remove from tray and place in fridge overnight.
- 11Optional toppings: Melt additional chocolate and pipe squiggles onto greaseproof paper. Allow to set then arrange on cake.
- 12Dust cake with cocoa and icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Truffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 175.8 mg
- Sodium 72.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: