Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich and decadent. My ultimate chocolate splurge.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- chocolate whipped cream
- In a big saucepan, add the cream, half-and-half, and salt.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer (don't let boil).
- Add chocolate chips; stir until melted.
- Take pan off heat; add vanilla; whisk until mixture is frothy.
- Pour into mugs and top off with a dollop of chocolate whipped cream.
A "Hot Chocolates Dream"!! should be the name for this wonderful rich hot chocolate. If you love hot chocolate your gonna love this recipe. Very good and real simple to make for a quick warmer upper. lol Thanks for sharing this good hot chocolate.
No question, this is the ultimate in hot chocolate. Extremely rich and velvety smooth. Luscious. Thanks.