Recipe by Evan's Mommy
Like chocolate covered cherries? Then you'll like these! Hidden inside each is a sweet cherry! Easy to make and make an attractive presentation!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, cut into chunks,at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chocolate flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup drained maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for about two minutes.
- Add extracts, flour, salt, cocoa, and almonds.
- Mix well.
- Dough will be stiff.
- To shape cookies, take a golf ball piece of dough and place a cherry in the center.
- Shape the dough so that the cherry is completely surrounded and the dough is round in shape.
- Place on cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm to touch.
- While still hot, roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on wire racks to cool.