Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Another recipe from oetker Baking is Fun I love this book and I have to finish recording the recipes before returning the book its owner.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm not usually big on dipped cookies, but must admit that I enjoyed making these tasty little treats ~ Actually, they''re great chocolate fixes for a serious chocoholic! Will be making these again before the winter holidays are over! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Sweet Traditions event]
- 300 g flour
- 40 g ground nuts
- 30 g semisweet chocolate, grated
- 120 g sugar
- 9 g oetker vanilla sugar (1 pkg)
- 1 egg
- 300 g butter, cold
- 100 g semisweet chocolate
- 50 g unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Blend the four, nuts and grated chocolate together on a pastry board.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar and egg to the well.
- Mix a littel to the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces over the flour mixture.
- Work together all the ingredients quickly to make a smooth dough.
- Chill for 1/2 hour.
- Shape the dough into rolls about the thickness of a finger.
- Cut the rolls into 5 cm (2") pieces.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool cookies.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the top half of a double boiler, stirring until well blended and smooth.
- Dip the ends of the cooled cookies int the chocolate.
- Allow dipped cookies to cool on waxed paper until the chocolate has set.