Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I lost this recipe for a few years and just found it so I'm putting it here for safe keeping. These cookies are so yummy, My 4 kids and I love these! I guarantee my husband would if he ate sweets. ;) They are very easy to make and are good for my son who has a peanut allergy and can't eat the peaut butter cookies similar to these.( I buy the candy that is peanut free of course) My kids love when I put Rolos on these, but you can probably add any small chocolate that you like.
- 1 cup Crisco or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces brach's chocolate stars (or similar size Rolo chocolates)
- 1. In large mixing bowl, beat together crisco, sugars, eggs, water, and vanilla.
- 2. Add to sugar mixture, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, during last 10 minutes of chilling time preheat the oven to 375.
- 4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 5. Place in oven and bake 9-11 minutes till light brown.
- 6. When removed from oven , press a star or rolo in the middle of cookie.
- Let cool a while if you can wait. ;) I usually can't.