Grace Lynn's Note:
This recipe is from the executive pastry chef, Thomas Haas, of the Senses Bakery in Vancouver. The Vancouver Sun proclaimed it "the best cookie in the world." I just baked it this morning and had it with my morning coffee...it's like heaven...tastes like a baked truffle! Cooking time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over, but not touching, simmering water.
- 2Remove from the heat.
- 3Cut the butter into a few pieces and mix into the chocolate until melted.
- 4Beat the eggs with an electric mixer, gradually adding the sugar until ribbons form (about 4 minutes on medium-high).
- 5Fold in the chocolate-butter mixture.
- 6Gently add the ground almonds.
- 7Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 8Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 9Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 10Use a cookie scoop to form the dough into 1-inch balls.
- 11Roll the balls in granulated sugar, place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart and immediately place in the oven.
- 12Bake until the center of the cookies is no longer wet, 9 to 12 minutes.
- 13When slightly cool, lightly dust the cookies with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sparkle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 12.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g