Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this last night on Paula's Party and thought it sounded interesting. This would be perfect for Valentine's Day or some romantic meal.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces creme fraiche
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ounces 70% chocolate, melted
- 1 ounce sugar
- 5 teaspoons salt, plus a pinch
- 7 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 ounces atomized chocolate
- olive oil
- macerated strawberry, drained
- chocolate meringue (optional)
- strawberry sorbet
- In blender, puree creme fraiche, eggs & vanilla extract.
- Pour melted chocolate into running blender and puree until smooth and emulsified.
- Sift dry ingredients (sugar, 5 tsp salt, flour, cocoa powder & atomized chocolate).
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients (in bowl) and stir in wet mixture.
- Let ir rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Press mixture through a spaetzle press (or potato ricer) into a large pot of boiling water.
- After they float, cook for 1 additional minute.
- Drain and put into large bowl, tossing with a pinch of salt and olive oil to coat.
- Heat a griddle or large pan and coat with oil.
- Toss cooked spaetzle onto hot griddle with macerated strawberries, cooking until spaetzle crisps a bit.
- Top with chocolate meringue and strawberry sorbet.