Recipe by Rita1
This is a combination of several recipes. it is one of my family favorites. sometimes i ice this cake and sometime i don't. with all the chocolate chips in it, icing isn't really necessary.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxduncan hines devil's food cake mix
- 3 -4 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix (regular or sugar-free)
- 1 cup sour cream (lite or regular)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake and.
- pudding mixes, sour cream, eggs, applesauce
- and water. beat on low speed for 2
- minutes. fold in the chocolate chips.
- transfer to a greased and floured 10-in.fluted tube pan.
- bake at 350% for 60-65 minutes or until a.
- toothppick inserted near the center comes.
- out clean. cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.