Recipe by Hey Jude
Here's a treat that I found in the Chicago Tribune Good Eating section a few years ago.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely treat. it was excellent Hey Jude. I enjoyed it very much. Rich, thick, creamy, soda...yummy. I did substitute with coffee ice cream as I was out of chocolate. Thanks for sharing your decadent treat. I will be enjoying this again. Can't wait to try it with chocolate ice cream...Made for the Summer 09 - Comfort Cafe.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or 2 cups chocolate ice cream (for a real mind blow)
- 1⁄3 cup club soda
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat whipping cream and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Set aside.
- Stir together milk and syrup in the bottom of a large glass.
- Add two-thirds of the ice cream, pushing it down into the milk mixture.
- Pour in club soda.
- Add one-half of the whipped cream, then the remaining ice cream, and then the remaining whipped cream.
- Top with the cherry and nuts, if desired.