Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am crazy about biscuits, especially shortbread and this is extra special with the chocolate inside.Abbbssolutely divine!!! I received this recipe from The Blue Ribbon Kitchen.
- Cream the buter and castor sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in the water.
- Add in the sifted flour and work into a manageable.
- Cut chocolate into small blocks (i. e each block into 2).
- Shape pieces of dough around the blocks of chocolate.
- and roll into small balls.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet at 180 degrees celius.
- for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll in icing sugar while still warm.
Some notes on my Chocolate Shortbread Balls experience: - I didn't get balls, but rather kinda domes, which is perfectly fine with me. Perhaps they would be more ball-like if you chilled the balls for 15 minutes or so before baking -- I'll try that tonight. Either way, they make a very nice-looking cookie, with an evenly round shape. - The icing sugar/powdered sugar thing didn't work - it wouldn't stick. I took a little extra chocolate instead, melted it and drizzled it over in lines. They looked very nice! - You don't specify, but I used unsalted butter and added just a pinch of salt to the recipe. That's my usual shortbread approach. - I used bits whacked off a chunk of bittersweet chocolate, which worked okay but wasn't as handy as I would have liked because of the sharp pointy corners. Next time I think I will buy a bar that's scored, at least, to make getting even-sized pieces of chocolate easier. FWIW, the bits I used were about halfway between a pea and a grape. Good cookie!