1/5 Photos of Chocolate Shortbread
Sydney Mike's Note:
Always wondered about the name here -- Where's a recipe for longbread, anyway! Wherever the one is found, this particular recipe was located in the Taste of Home's Chocolate Lover's Cookbook, Vol 2, 2003!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, then add vanilla & mix well.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together flour, sugar & cocoa, then add to creamed mixture, beating about 3 minutes or until dough holds together.
- 4Pat the dough into a 9-inch by 4-inch rectangle, then cut into 2-inch by 1 1/2-inch strips.
- 5Place strips 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 6Prick each strip several times with a fork.
- 7Bake 20-25 minutes or until set.
- 8Set sheets on wire rack(s) to cool for 5 minutes, then remove shortbreat to wire rack(s) to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g