Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from an old "The Australian Women's Weekly" cookbook and is designed for oven instead of microwave.
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 cups hot water
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, extra
- 200 ml cream (optional)
- Heat butter and milk in saucepan, stir until butter melts, add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients flour, castor sugar and one tablespoon cocao into a basin.
- Add the butter mixture to well in centre, stir until smooth.
- Pour into a deep, greased 4 litre ovenproof dish.
- Sift brown sugar and extra cocoa over the top.
- Carefully pour hot water over.
- Bake at 180C for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve hot, with cold cream - or substitute for ice cream.