Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh , its smily brilliant, excellent, yummmmmmmyyyy, i have used it on lazy dazy cake and it tastes 'heavenly' - more like puts u in paradise.
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup evaporated milk or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Break chocolate into 2 pieces.
- Bring milk or heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Now add the chocolate pieces without stirring.
- Cover and set aside for 10mins.
- Scrape into a food processor or blender.
- Add sugar, butter and vanilla essence.
- Process until the mixture is perfectly smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- If necessary, set aside for a few minutes (longer if you have used cream), until thickened to the desired spreading consistency.
- This keeps refrigerated for upto 1 week if made with cream, or about 3 weeks if made with evaporated milk, or freeze for upto 6 months.
- Soften before using.
This recipe wasnt sweet at all despite the 1 1/2 cups sugar, which didnt dissolve and instead left it grainy and distasteful. If i used it, it would have ruined my sister's birthday cake! It still didnt work after hours of cooking and fixing, it just was a disaster! maybe it should use powdered sugar instead.
Yummy! I love this frosting. I use it on the Dark Chocolate Cake recipe (#2496). Works wonderfully.
Great icing and very easy to make. I have never made icing before, and this was very easy to follow and cake out beautifully. I used evaporate milk (2%) and tasted great. And I usually do not like chocolate icing.