Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These squares are just like a chocolate filled cookie but easier to make. For a special presentation, drizzle melted white and dark chocolate on top of squares. Use your favourite type of nuts or coconut in place of the pecans. Great for freezing
- 414.03 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 29.58 ml butter
- 473.18 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml quick-cooking oats
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13" x 9" cake pan.
- Heat together chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and 2 tbsp. butter over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Set aside.
- Mix together brown sugar, eggs, melted butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Spread half in prepared pan.
- Spread chocolate mixtures evenly over base.
- Dot spoonfuls of remaining batter on top.
- Spread lightly with knife to cover filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely, then cut into square.
Excellent square. Delicious fudgy center with top and bottom like a soft oatmeal cookie. I used walnuts instead of pecans. Yummy. The dough was a bit on the sticky side, so I sprayed my hands with cooking spray and pressed it into the pan instead of attempting to spread. As a shortcut, I put the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a glass bowl and microwaved them for 1 minute on high and stirred until smooth - faster and easier than doing it stovetop. The bake time was exactly 30 minutes and they came out with a lovely golden crust. Perfect.