Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wow - rich, fruity and delicious! but be forewarned you need to finish these in a day or two (keep refrigerated) because the raspberries get moldy easily!
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pint raspberries (usually sold in half pints, get 2)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt half of the chocolate in the microwave with the 2 sticks butter. Stir to combine, set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, beat the sugar with the eggs until bubbly, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the melted chocolate, then the flour.
- Using a spatula, scrap the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs, about 35 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in the microwave. Stir to combine.
- Pour the glaze onto the cooled truffle cake and tilt the pan to coat the top.
- Refrigerate to partially set the glaze, about 30 minutes.
- While the chocolate is still tacky, scatter the raspberries in a single layer on top, the n refrigerate for 10 more minutes to set the glaze completely.
- Cut the cake into 3 inch squares.