sweet creamy middle in this cake.
Make and share this Chocolate Raspberry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (2 ounce) packages chocolate mousse mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping or 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry fudge sauce
- fresh raspberry (optional)
- Prepare cake mix as directed in 9" round cake pans.
- Prepare mousse mix as directed except use the milk and liqueur for the liquid.
- Split each cake layer in half horizontally with a serrated knife.
- Place bottom of one layer on a cake plate.
- spread with 1/3 cup of the fudge topping.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the mousse over the fudge topping.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Top with last cake layer.
- Finish frosting the cake with the remaining mousse.
- Cover and chill throughly.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries before serving.