Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very easy recipe that looks and tastes so fancy. I used stale whole grain English muffins for this, but I'm sure any stale bread will work great!
- 4 whole grain English muffins, cut into squares
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine milk, sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add bread squares to the cream mixture. Mix until all of the bread cubes are well coated.
- Let sit for 15 minutes so the bread can soak up the cream mixture. Stir every five minutes.
- Mix in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour mix into a greased, round "souffle" baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove bread pudding from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While bread pudding is cooling, prepare raspberry sauce.
- Heat raspberries and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add brandy and lemon juice.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve bread pudding warm with raspberry sauce.
I usually do a bread pudding using a whole loaf of bread, so your recipe was a nice change of pace, especially since there were just the 2 of us to enjoy it, which we did! Absolutely delicious, & a wonderful flavor combo with the chocolate & berries! A winner, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]