Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love to use this ganache-style icing over flourless chocolate cake (and over regular cake when I don't have time to make buttercream!) This is a recipe I came up with of pantry ingredients and I think it is a good one!
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Melt the chocolate chips and the butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the milk and the honey until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Let the chocolate cool to spreading consistency, then pour over the cake.
- Spread chocolate on top and on the sides of room temperature cake.
- Chill until set.
This was easy and delish. Made in the microwave oven. Heating the butter, milk, and honey then added the chocolate and stirred till melted. Made this to top Mrs. Scott's Chocolate Vinegar Cake Made for Comfort cafe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=288536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=915 Thanks!