Recipe by Dwynnie
I love to use this ganache-style icing over flourless chocolate cake (and over regular cake when I don't have time to make buttercream!) This is a recipe I came up with of pantry ingredients and I think it is a good one!
Top Review by Rita~
This was easy and delish. Made in the microwave oven. Heating the butter, milk, and honey then added the chocolate and stirred till melted. Made this to top Recipe #345943 Made for Comfort cafe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=288536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=915 Thanks!
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate chips and the butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the milk and the honey until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Let the chocolate cool to spreading consistency, then pour over the cake.
- Spread chocolate on top and on the sides of room temperature cake.
- Chill until set.