Recipe by Barb in WNY
A recipe I have saved and will make some day for the holidays.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I do love making recipes that use raisins, this one included! Folowed the recipe right on down (using some homemade, slightly chunky applesauce) & absoluetly enjoyed this cake! Thanks, much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]
- 2⁄3 cup raisins, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar.
- Beat in eggs, then applesauce.
- In another bowl, stir together flours, baking soda, salt, spices, and cocoa.
- Beat into applesauce mixture and then stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Turn batter into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake cake in a 350 F oven for 1 hour and 2 minutes, or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Let cool on a rack and then chill.
- When serving dust with powdered sugar.