Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this out of a cook book that I bought on sale at the BX on base. When I saw these brownies in it I was instantly in love. I baked them the very same day, and WOW, what a brownie. They are so very fudgey and moist, just like a brownie should be. :)
- 5 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 3⁄4 ounces pistachio nuts, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate, coursely chopped
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch baking pan and line with wax paper Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan or gently simmering water.
- Let cool slightly Sift the flour into a seperate bowl and stir in the suagr Stir the eggs into the melted chocolate mixture, then pour this into the flour mixture, beat well.
- Stir in the nuts and white chocolate, then pour into the prepared baking pan and spread to the corners Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Let cool into the pan for 20 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 12 bars and dust with confectioner's sugar.