Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this hot or over ice.
Make and share this Chocolate Peppermint Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces water
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup (I used Hershey's)
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute or 1 (1 g) packet sugar, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon non-dairy coffee creamer or 1 -2 tablespoon cream
- whipped cream, to top
- chocolate syrup, to top
- crushed ice (optional)
- Microwave water in a mug until hot. Place tea bag in hot water and steep for a few minutes. Discard tea bag.
- Stir in chocolate syrup, splenda and creamer.
- Pour over crushed ice in a tall glass if desired.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzled chocolate syrup.
This is absolutely delicious! I have tried it both ways and prefer it chilled; followed the recipe exactly.
I was unsure about this recipe, but as luck would have it I found I had all the ingredients so I figured why not go ahead and try it. It was an instant hit in my house!!! Served chilled it is quite refreshing. I followed the ingredients exactly and the flavor is wonderful
Again, I was surprised that I actually like a tea with milk in it. Granted, it wasn't much, but, still...... I didn't have any peppermint tea, but scrounged some Starlight peppermint candies from my sister, who is addicted to them. Used two with a regular pekoe tea. Came out great. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Engrossed. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.