1 hr 2 mins
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
A co-worker made this recipe for a cookie swap years ago, and they have been one of my favorite holiday cookies ever since then. I haven't tried it, but freezing the peppermint patties might make it easier to shape the dough around the them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 2In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well blended. Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture, then milk.
- 3Divide dough into two pieces, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour (freeze up to 2 weeks).
- 4Heat oven to 350°F Grease a cookie sheet.
- 5Shape a small piece of dough around each peppermint pattie, completely covering the candy. Please on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and lightly crimp the edges with a fork.
- 6Bake 10-12 minutes. Cook on rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Peppermint Pattie Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 55
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: