Recipe by Pepperskull
This is a great shortbread recipe for those who like something out of the ordinary. I love the taste of peppadews, and I love shortbread, so I thought by myself why not combine the two?
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 125 ml caster sugar
- 230 g unsalted butter
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped Peppadew pepper
- 250 ml cream
- 250 g milk chocolate
- 5 ml instant coffee granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the dark chocolate in a food processor to chop coarsely. Add the castor sugar & process for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and peppadew & process for another 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and process until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add the coffee granules to the cream and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the milk chocolate.
- Spread or drizzle the mixture over the surface of the shortbread and cut into squares once cooled.