Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very good brownies. These take about 15 minutes to prepare and 30-35 minutes baking. I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker cook book printed in 1976. BAKING TIPS: For light, moist brownies, cool chocolate mixture completely before combining it with other ingredients; test for doneness 2 to 3 minutes before the suggested baking time.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 325°F; grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove immediately from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate morsels and vanilla extract until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Cool completely.
- Stir in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir remaining chocolate morsels and nuts into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Then let cool and cut into squares.