Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this today from a weekely email newsletter from GlutenFreeda, a great place to get gluten free recipes and this sounds to great, and also should be fairly quick and easy to make. The brand of Crisp rice cereal that they listed was EnviroKids Koala Crisps, which can usually be found in the healthy (Organic) food isle of any grocery store. You can probably use any brand of Crisp Rice cereal. I think that most brands are made of just rice, but check to label if you are wheat intolerant to make sure. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups gluten-free crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Stirring constantly, cook the mixture until blended and the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the cereal with the chocolate chips in a large bowl. Stir in the hot peanut butter mixture until combined. Spread the mixture into a 13x9" lightly greased baking pan. Let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and let chill for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cut into squares or fun shapes with cookie cutters. Serve.`.
What a great alternative to Rice Krispie squares. I ran out of light corn syrup so had to use about 1/3 cup golden. The results were still tasty. Thanks for posting.