Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Have not tried these yet either..but will..
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- combine flour, baking cocoa, baking soda in a medium bowl -- set aside.
- cream butter, sugar, brown sugar,and 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, mix well.add egg and vanilla.mixing all well.
- stir in flour mixture and roll dough into 1 1/4" balls.set aside.
- blend powdered sugar and remaining peanut butter together till smooth -- and creamy.
- roll into 3/4" balls --
- slightly flatten a chocolate dough ball, place one peanut butter dough ball in the center --
- shape the chocolate dough around the peanut butter center -- covering completely.
- roll into a ball.
- slightly flatten each dough ball with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- bake at 350* for 8 minutes.
- let stand for 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to rack to cool completely --
- makes about 1 1/2 dozen.