Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a highly-rated recipe taken from All Recipes.Com submitted by Joanna Knudsen --- the only alteration I made was I omitted the peanut butter baking chips and reduced the chocolate baking chips --- the peanut butter cups must be chopped then frozen before adding to the cookie batter, or they will mush up while mixing
Top Review by Zaza!
I love this recipe but I swapped the quantities of butter and pb to make it more peanutbuttery. Once I addes reases's pieces and they were like a piece of heaven. I had to throw away the last few cookies because I couldn't stop eating them. My friends often ask (beg) me to bake these. Although my personal trainer is not a fan.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed (you may reduce by 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (or use vanilla)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 reeses chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (cut into eighths then frozen until solid)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl combine the butter with peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla or maple extract until creamy and well combined.
- Beat in eggs until completely combined.
- In a bowl combine the flour with sifted cocoa powder and baking soda; add/mix into the creamed mixture until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and frozen chopped peanut butter cups.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool about 5 minutes then removing from pan.